DARE TO CARE
We have been mentioning the “Dare to Care” program in a few parent weekly memo’s, as well as school council. We are now ready to roll out the program to our students and parent community. Dare to Care teaches everyone the language around conflict resolution, bullying, and how/when to get help from an adult. While conflict is part of normal life, bullying is not, and is not tolerated.
Starting in the very near future, students will be learning these skills in class through modules created by the Dare to Care team. Teachers and staff have had the opportunity to undergo professional growth modules to help support the learning and implementation of this program.
As parents are the primary educators of students, your role is critical in helping students develop a sense of resiliency and conflict resolution skills. We have purchased the parent modules for all of you, and you can access those at your own convenience, as everything is digital. There are 4 modules you can access.
- Overview of bullying “What is normal conflict, what is bullying?”
- Perfect Targets “Misunderstood and mislabelled children”
- How to help your child
- Resource portal
*Please note: when signing up for an individual account, it will seem as if you have to pay, you do not, please see instructions below*
To access the modules, please follow these instructions below:
- Sign up for an account by clicking here.
- You will see two options for pricing (there is NO FEE, we have prepaid, there is an access code for you to use)
- Click the “Individual” access for $12, click “Purchase”
- For the school name, please use “St. Teresa of Calcutta”
- Once you have signed up for an account, you will see “Have a school access code?” Click there.
- The School Access code : Please contact the school
- You will then have access to the parent modules.
We hope you find these resources to be helpful, and always appreciate your support.